Monday 11 July 2016

Mother guilt... (Part 1)


Mothers guilt will be a series I post about on the blog. The reason for this is simple, every mother feels it. The voice inside is so loud and so clear, yet its no ones voice other than our own. 

I want people to share their mothering guilt with me, with us. I want us to be able to band together as mothers and say "Hey, you...Your doing an excellent job!" 

Mother these days is everywhere, its not just mothers that you see walking down the street, or at school drop off or at your mothers group. Mothering is now on social media, Facebook and other social media platforms are full of mothers posting about their wonderful children, their wonderful choices and their beautiful lives.

This is fabulous, share in the beauty and love of motherhood. It can also be isolating. Why is it isolating? mothers guilt. When you see a mother post about spending the day doing hands on activities with their children, when you see mothers eating organic home cooked meals and sharing in bedtime stories with happy children and you've had a day where all you have managed to achieve is keeping them alive. Those other stories become hard.



Thats why I want this platform. I want you to be able to share those days with us, and I want us to say "Yes! you kept the kids alive, thats blood brilliant. Your a kick ass mum, today and always"

Mothering was once about a village, together you and your village helped to raise the children, parenting was supported and enjoyed, embraced and celebrated and I want to bring that back to life!

So every Sunday Im going to speak to a mother. I want them to share with me their inner feelings, thoughts and voices and I want them to speak out our about their achievements and I want us to embrace each others different choices, different life styles and different lives and celebrate happy, healthy children! and happy healthy parents. 

Parenting is tough guys, lets share the love!  

1 comment: